Interactive Workshops: Tuesday - Wednesday, 6th - 7th March 2018
Workshop A: Tuesday, 6th March 2018
7:00 am - 8:30 am Creating an Employee Value Proposition that Boosts Engagement and Drives High PerformanceNiall Ryan-Jones - Head of Employee Experience Harrods (UK)
This session will be led by the Head of Employee Experience of Harrods 2017 Employees’ Choice Award for Best Employer (Glassdoor) will investigate how an employer can create a fulfilling employee value proposition to drive engagement and performance.
It will discuss the role of corporate social responsibility, corporate health services and benefits and recognition. It will also explore the barriers and bureaucracy that counter these measures and explore steps to mitigate it.
- Understanding the voice of the employee and the customer value proposition to create an effective employee value proposition
- Identifying and removing the bureaucratic barriers that reduce engagement
- Case study: Establishing an Employee Council to capture the voice of the employees– Pros and Cons
- Ongoing strategies to maintain and increase engagement over the employee journey
Reasons to Attend:
- Hear from the winner of Glassdoor’s 2017 Employee’s Choice Award
- Gain an understanding of different strategies that can be employed to boost employee engagement
- Build an understanding of the link between engaged employee and high performance
- Learn how an Employee Council works
Niall Ryan-JonesHead of Employee Experience
Workshop B: Wednesday, 7th March 2018
7:00 am - 8:30 am Melting the Permafrost: Getting Buy-in and Support from Middle Management and Business Unit Heads to Improve the Employee Experience
To even begin to roll out your employee experience strategy, it is important that you have those on the employee frontline ( middle management and business unit heads) on board.
Their engagement is key to the success of your employee experience strategy. Whilst some of them will back the strategy a majority will not prioritise it as it takes them away from more ‘critical’ tasks.
This workshop will investigate strategies to engage with them early on.
- Opening up effective communication channels with middle managers and business unit leaders
- Get their feedback and incorporate it into your strategy
- Demonstrate the impact of higher engagement on their business results
- Building better relationships between employees and their line managers
Reasons to Attend:
- Gain an understanding of strategies build involvement of line managers
- Building an understanding of the role of line managers in driving better employee experiences
- Learn how to benchmark success